THAMES PATH CHALLENGE 2014
100 km, 50 km, or 25 km? Walk it, Jog It, or Run It?
13/14 Sept 2014 - Now Open for Registrations!
The Thames Path National Trail is unique; varied & beautiful scenery, steeped in history - and a superb backdrop for an exceptional 'festival' of endurance challenges. Back for its 3rd year - in September 2014 you can take it on as a walk or run, in aid of a charity of your choice.
- 100 km – Putney Bridge to Henley. A 24 hour Walk or Ultra-Marathon run
- 50 km – Options to suit all! 2 daytime Walks or Ultra Runs, AND a 'Moonlight' walk!
- 25 km - Thames Path 25 km. 4 Walk options, 2 Run options - or Jog it!
Join as a team of friends, colleagues or family and support each other, or on your own and meet fellow challengers along the way. Most will walk it, some will jog parts of it, and quite a few will run the full 100 km. However tackle the Thames Path Challenge, and whatever your distance, you’ll be fully supported by our team! Push yourself in 2014, go further than you' ve done before!
- WALK IT! Your distance at a pace that suits you.
- RUN It! A great event to 'up' your distance
- Join as a Individual or Team - we support you all the way!
- Covered rest stops every 12.5km with toilets
- FREE hot food & drinks & snacks provided en-route.
- Fully signed route + marshals + route cards.
- Pace walkers, medics, physios, massage
- Fundraise for ANY charity of YOUR CHOICE
- Website Participant Area with training advice / kit lists
- Training walks to help you prepare. Daytime & nightime
- Teams of 5+, free technical t-shirts for each
- Finishers medal, T shirt, glass of bubbly
If you have any questions about the challenge or would like to speak to our team - call on 0207 609 6695 or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the other events in the 2014 Challenge Series
|The London 2 Brighton ChallengeThe original 100 km challenge! For 2014 a new '56' km half-way option also. Its a great route & a tough challege, and more will take on the event as a walk, jog or as one of the UK's top ultra-marathon challenges. For full information and to sign up, visit: www.london2brightonchallenge.com
The Grand Union Challenge
NEW - ‘London’s Great Escape’! 100km along the Grand Union Canal towpath - a 'hidden green corridor’- starting at Little Venice, out into the Chilterns, to a finish at Bletchley. There’s also 50 & 25km distances, with walk / jog / run options on all. For more details, visit: www.grandunionchallenge.com
The Isle of Wight Challenge
NEW - A stunning 106 km route - starting in Cowes, past the Needles and right around the the coastal path - a tough one! The Island is surprisingly accessible from London - and there's a ’challenge camp’ for those wanting to make a Bank Holiday weekend of it. There's a ‘half island’ 56km option. For full details - visit:
New Action Challenge Website!
Action Challenge's brand new website is here! Click below for more information on what we have to offer. Includes a Treasure Challenge, with a chance to win an International trip of a lifetime!
>> read more
Training Walks 2014 - Next Walk 3rd May!
Join us on a training walks in preparation for your challenge! Meet fellow challengers, improve on your base fitness, and meet the AC team...
>> read more
Join us online...