The Main Event...
Walk it, or Jog it, or Run it
In September the 5th Thames Path Challenge will see over 4,000 take on this historic route
West out of London
.. along the Thames Tow Path
The 100km route stretches from Putney Bridge to Henley. Or tackle either 50km Half, or any of the 25km sections
covered rest stops en route
Every ~12.5km with FREE food, tea & coffee, water, snacks, energy drink medics, massage, toilets & more
Go further in 2016
Set a new goal - go for it
Whether a new endurance walker, seasoned marathon runner, or just up for a challenge - push yourself further
Day & Night...
non-stop 24hr challenge
If you walk the 100km challenge - it spans day & night time. Or choose to tackle day time 50km & 25km options.
It's Your Challenge ..
..and it's no walk in the park!
You'll get a 5* celebration at the finish - medals, glass of fizz, and a fantastic sense of personal achievement.
The Thames Path Challenge
100km or 50km & ~25km Options
Weekend 10/11 September
More than 4,000 challengers will take on the main Thames Path Challenge following England's greatest river - most will be walking, many will jog, some will be running, and all will have a special reason to push themselves. Our full 100km route heads upstream from Putney Bridge past Hampton Court to Runnymede of Magna Carta fame at 50km, then on past wonderful scenery all the way to Henley.
Which ever distance you choose, and however you take it on, your challenge will be a test of stamina & determination and rewarded with an amazing sense of achievement.
- WALK it, JOG it, or RUN it. It's Your Challenge!
- 100km - Putney Bridge to Henley
- 24+ hour walk - day & night (33 hr max)
- 2 Day Option - 50km Sat, break, 50km Sun
- HALF CHALLENGE 50km options (1st & 2nd)
- QUARTER CHALLENGES - any of the 4 legs
- 72km option (3 legs) - Hampton to Henley
- Choose start time. Runners out first
- Website participant area - training plan
- FREE hot food at Major Rest Stops & finish
- FREE snacks & drinks at all check points
- Fully signed route – arrows / glow sticks
- Pace walkers, medics, doctors, massage
- Henley-on-Thames 100km finish by river
- Families & supporters welcome at finish
- Shuttle busses to nearby stations at finish
- Medal, T shirt & glass of fizz at the finish